Start your week off with this easy delicious Chicken Teriyaki with rice and with matching fresh vegetable salad on the side. Happy cooking!
1/2 kilo chicken breast, deboned
2/3 cup teriyaki sauce (Kikkoman)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch (dissolved in a few tbsp water)
1 tsp sesame oil, (optional)
1 tsp sesame seed, toasted (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, add teriyaki sauce and marinate the chicken for about for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a few tablespoon of oil in a non stick pan and fry the for about 3 minutes over medium to low heat.
3. Flip it over and fry for another 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add the remaining marinade into the pan. Stir in sugar and 3/4 cup of water and let it boil. Adjust heat to low and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes to cook chicken until the sauce is reduced to half.
5. Remove the chicken and transfer to a plate and set it aside. Simmer the remaining sauce until just enough to glaze all the chicken. Season with salt and adjust sweetness by adding teriyaki sauce if needed. Thicken sauce with cornstarch dissolved in a few tablespoon of water.
6. Cook for another minute to thicken the sauce. Slice the chicken into serving pieces, arrange in a platter and pour over sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed.
7. Serve with rice and chopped veggies on the side. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website!
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.