You’ve got a whole ham in the freezer and you want to bake it and present it on the table for the holiday. Here’s an easy way to make your own from the scratch Holiday Ham or turn your ready-made Purefoods Holiday Ham into a a beautiful delicious center table piece. Wether its ready made or from scratch. Here’s a do it your own, bake and decorate your own Pineapple Glazed ham for Christmas season. There are 3 options to make a Fiesta Ham presentation: First: you can torch the sugar on the ham. Second, if there is no oven just melt the sugar first in the pan and pour it all over the ham. Third, bake it in the oven to achieve the golden brown glaze on the ham. Then decorate as you like! Happy Holidays!
PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM
- 1.5 Kilogram fresh ham (ham hock part of pork, ask butcher to remove skin and leave a thin pork fat on top) or even ready-made Purefoods Holiday Ham
- 1 small can pineapple slices in syrup
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar or more
- whole cloves
- Toothpick, cut in small size ½ inch
- Decor and Garnish:
- Pineapple slice and Maraschino Cherries pinned using toothpicks (cut in 1/2 size)
- Score the ham to form a diamond pattern, the side where the fat is on top. In medium pot, mix the liquid drippings from the ham, the pineapple juice and the syrup from the sliced pineapple in a saucepan, let it boil and simmer until sauce is thick.
- IF NO OVEN: Gently place the ham in the medium pot then put on some pineapple slices (mag-iwan din ng pang decorate/set aside some for finishing garnish) over the ham.
- Let it boil and simmer at low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the ham from the pot and pick up the pineapple slices from the pot, set aside.
- Make a Sugar Syrup: Melt sugar in the pan until golden brown over low heat, and quickly pour this sugar into the ham (it will set as it cools down so be careful and set it on ham quickly.
- Alternatively, you may use a TORCH to melt the sugar around the ham until golden brown.
- Brush it around to glaze ham before it sets. Pin a single clove stem on the center of each diamond slit of the ham. Decorate as you like and have fun. These cloves will make the perfect final aroma for your ham. Ready to serve.
For Baking Process:
- For Baking: Don’t forget to marinate the ham first if you’re using fresh ham for about an hour or even longer)
- Baking Time: Brush it first with pineapple juice, sprinkle/roll the ham in sugar and generously sprinkle top with sugar.
- Put the ham in the middle of an oven preheated to 200ᵒ C, bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until sugar starts to caramelized to golden brown.
- Sprinkle more sugar as needed every a couple of times.
- Remove from the oven. Let rest for about 10 to 15 minutes before decorating with cloves, slices of pineapple and cherries.
- Put back in oven (turned off/residual heat) while cooling down to partially cook the garnish.
- Ready for serving. Enjoy!!!
Cooking Tips: How to make your ham to be a smoked ham or any smoked food… without literally smoking it?
I used Wright Hickory Liquid Smoke* – “it is a concentrate made from the actual smoke of hickory wood. Because it’s concentrated, you can easily vary the amount of smoky flavor in foods, from subtle to full and robust.” – B&G Foods
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
*(This is an affiliate link: I may earn a little amount when you buy from this link connected to the seller).