You’ve got a whole ham in the freezer and you want to bake it and present it on the table for the holiday. Here’s an easy way to make your own Holiday Ham. Wether its ready made or from scratch. Here’s a do it your own, bake and decorate your own Pineapple Glazed ham for Christmas season.
PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM
1.5 Kilogram Ham (ham hock part of pork, ask butcher to remove skin and leave a thin pork fat on top)
1 small can pineapple slices in syrup
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup honey
Toothpick, cut in small size ½ inch
Decor and Garnish:
Pineapple slice and Maraschino Cherries pinned using little toothpicks.
1. Score the ham to form a diamond pattern, the side where the fat is on top. In medium pot, mix the liquid drippings from the ham, the pineapple juice and the syrup from the sliced pineapple in a saucepan, let it boil and simmer until sauce is thick.
2. Gently place the ham in the medium pot then put on some pineapple slices (mag-iwan din ng pang decorate/set aside some for finishing garnish) over the ham.
3. Let it boil and simmer at low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
4. Carefully remove the ham from the pot and pick up the pineapple slices from the pot, set aside. In the same pot, continue to simmer the remaining liquid and cook it as your glaze until it becomes thick. Keep stirring until you reach the best thick sauce.
5. Brush some glaze over ham. Pin a single clove stem on the center of each diamond slit of the ham fat then place the ham in a roasting pan.
6. Put the ham in the middle of an oven preheated to 200ᵒ C, bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, brushing with the pineapple honey glaze every a couple of times until ham fats start to caramelize.
7. Remove from oven and brush liberally with the pan juices. Let rest for about 10 to 15 minutes before decorating with slices of pineapple and cherries..finish it on top with thick pineapple glaze.
8. Put back in oven while cooling down to partially cook the garnish.
9. Ready for serving. Enjoy!!!
You may also try our delicious holiday:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.