Favorite mo ba ang Suwam na Tahong na kamag-anak ng Tinolang Manok. Quick and delicious soup na swak sa rainy season or tag-ulan. Slurpp this mainit na sabaw with crispy fried fish on the side. Ang sarap!
Suwam na Tahong
1 kilo fresh large tahong (mussels)
1 large onion, sliced
2 cups diced unripe papaya
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. ginger strips
2 Tbsp. patis
1 tsp. MSG or granulated seasoning
4 cups rice water
salt to taste
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
chili pepper leaves (dahon ng sili)
1. Soak and clean mussels, place it on a large plastic bowl full of water.
2. Add one teaspoon of salt. Let it stand for at least one hour to remove the dirt and molds. Wash thouroughly with running water, drain and set aside.
3. In a pan, saute garlic until brown, move it aside the pan. Saute ginger until brown then add the onions and saute them all together until soft.
4. Season with patis and stir for 3 minutes, pour in rice water and add papaya slices. Cover pan and let it boil. When papaya is half cook, season salt and pepper. Add the drained mussels. Bring it to boil until all shells open up. Finaly, add your pepper leaves. Turn off heat.
5. Serve hot with fried tilapia/fish. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.