Summer’s almost here..why not try my favorite fruit cake of all time.. it’s the sweetest Buttercream Mango Cake. Its fluffy, delicate chiffon cake with fresh sweet mango frosted with buttercream!
Buttercream Mango Cake
For the Cake:
2 cups cake flour
¾ cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
7 egg whites
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
¾ cup granulated sugar
7 egg yolks
½ cup corn oil
¾ cup mango juice
1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
2 cups fresh mango, bits & cubes
¼ cup mango nectar (canned or bottled juice),
For the Mango Buttercream Frosting:
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
¼ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon flavoring, for cake icing
2 pcs fresh mango – sliced in strips, for garnish
1. For the dry ingredients:
Using a fine sieve and a dry bowl, sift cake flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar and baking powder. Set aside.
2. For the Meringue
In another large bowl, use an electric hand mixer over high speed. Beat the eggwhites and cream of tartar together to become a meringue. Beat until soft peak, gradually add the 3/4 cup granulated sugar, part by part at a time. Beat until no traces of sugar are left and meringue doesn’t move at all even when you sway the bowl.
3. For the Mango Batter:
Going back to your dry flour bowl, create a small well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add oil, yolks, mango juice, lemon flavoring in the well. Using a hand mixer, beat it over medium speed until evenly combined. It should take approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Gently, add mango cubes and fold it using a spatula.
5. Combining Mango Batter and Meringue:
In a large bowl, gently fold the mango batter with the meringue. You can do it in batches to prevent spilling over. Do not over mix..you want to make sure the air inside the meringue and the batter stays inside. That’s why you just fold it and don’t mix it. This is to ensure your cake will be fluffy and not limp when baked.
6. Pour batter into a greased 2pcs round baking pan or 1 large round baking pan, about 8×4 inches. Bake at preheated oven of 180°C (350°F) for 45 minutes. Its cooked when toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
7. Let it cool first onced cooked and set aside.
For the Mango Buttercream Frosting
(Yield: 2 1/2 cups):
1. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer over high speed. Cream the softened butter and confectioners’ sugar. Beat until well blended, smooth and creamy.
2. Slowly add confectioners sugar, heavy cream and mango nectar, little by little in alternate sequence. Start and end with confectioners sugar.
3. Mix in lemon flavoring. Beat well until you reach the perfect frosting consistency. Refrigerate the icing first to set. Then start frosting once cake is at room temperature. Use a cake decorating icing tips or wilton icing tips and icing bags to achieve a beautiful design.Finally, garnish with mango slices in the center or as preferred.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Pumpkin Yogurt Cheesecake