If you can’t find an Ube Halaya near your place.. This Sweet Potato Jam is the next best thing to your favorite Ube! Go ahead and try it with sweet potato
Sweet Potato Jam (Kamote Halaya)
3-4 sweet potatoes, (boiled, peeled & mashed)
1 ½ cups coconut milk
250 ml sweetened condensed milk
2-4 tablespoon melted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mashed potatoes using a masher or electric hand mixer, food processor or blender (whatever is available) and mash it until smooth and no lumps. A hand mixer can make it smooth and finer in texture.
- Add condensed milk, coconut milk, butter and vanilla essence. Mix it well.
- In a pan, transfer the potato mixture and heat over medium to low heat.
- Continue mixing for approximately 20 minutes over low heat until it becomes smooth and spreadable in texture (not too dry). Make an allowance because it will thicken as it cools down.
- Transfer to a sterilized bottles and cover it tightly. Let it cool.
- Place it in refrigerator to chill. Serve cold and enjoy!