Yummy-licious chinese style steamed Lapu lapu or grouper fish in oyster sauce, taste so divine. Ideal for special occasions and easy to prepare. The touch of sesame oil makes it absolutely aromatic for your palate.
Steamed Lapu Lapu in Oyster Sauce
1 large Lapu lapu, cleaned and scaled (Grouper Fish)
Thin slices of ginger for steaming
a little less than a thumb of ginger cut into thin strips for the sauce
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon sugar
4 cloves of garlic
oil for toasting the garlic
Stalks of spring onions, minced
- Place 1 whole Lapu lapu into the steamer.
- Place the ginger slices on top, cover,and steam for a good 10-15 minutes..
- For the sauce: In a saucepan, mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, water, ginger and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper to your preference. Turn off heat. Set it aside.
- Chop the garlic and toast in a pan until light brown and crisp.
- Pour the sauce on top of the fish then top with the toasted garlic and spring onions.
- Serve it hot and enjoy!!!