Miss mo na ba ang Alisuso (rice cake) ng Eastern Samar? Or first time mong itatry gumawa nito? Kung my friend ka na taga Samar, siguradong matutuwa siya kung lulutuan mo siya nito. Try it today!
ALISUSO OF EASTERN SAMAR
6 cups rice
1/4 kilo sugar
5 young coconut or butong (with the hard meat already)
2 teaspoon baking powder
Optional: add 1 tsp salt and a pinch of anis
1. Soak rice in water for 3-5 hours and let the rice immerse in water. Drain from water and reserve a a few tablespoon for grinding.
2. Use a blender to grind it, blend it slowly with just a little water reserve from the stock to make a sticky paste consistency of the ground rice. Blend until smooth and no lumps. Remove from blender or grinder.
3. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, add sugar and young grated coconut. Combine well.
4. Add the baking powder and mix thoroughly.
5. Wrap in banana leaves like an ice cream cone.
6. Steam for 1 hour or until cooked through
7. Serve it hot and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.