This Siomai recipe goes well with our Homemade Siomai Chili Sauce
AUTHENTIC CHINESE SIOMAI
3 dried Shiitake mushrooms
1/2 pound shrimp, chopped
1 pound ground pork
1/4 cup chopped carrots
2 tablespoons water chestnuts, chopped
1 green onion, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of white pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine (Shaoxing)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 egg, beaten
1 package thin wonton wrappers, edges trimmed to make them round
Oil for brushing dumplings
*Rice wine, Cooking Wine or Shaoxing wine is available in all SM supermarkets
1. Soak mushroooms in warm water for 30 minutes. Cut off stems and discard. Chop the caps.
2. In one bowl, combine mushrooms, shrimps, pork, carrots, water chestnuts, and green onions.
3. In another bowl, combine thoroughly the salt, pepper, sugar, soy sauce, rice wine, and sesame oil. Add to the meat and vegetable mixture. Add egg and combine.
4. To wrap, put a tablespoon of the filling in the middle of a wrapper, leaving a half inch free from the edge of the wrapper. Gather up the sides of the wrapper with your fingertips and make pleats around the filling. Bounce the bottom of the wrapper on the counter to flatten.
5. Oil the bottom of a steamer and arrange the dumplings on the bottom. Brush the tops of the dumplings with oil. Add enough water to the pan so that it comes just below the bottom of the steamer. When it comes to a full boil, add the steamer with the dumplings to the pan. Cover and steam for 15 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce of calamansi, soy sauce and siomai sauce
You may also want to try one of our Best Recipe for Fish Balls:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Do subscribe to our daily recipes and “ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS”
You may comment by visiting our Pinterest Profile.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.
Courtesy of Kitchen Offerings