Skip to content
GINATAANG PUSO NG SAGING (Banana Blossoms in Coconut Milk)
Quick and easy vegetable recipe that Filipinos love. Try this: Ginataang Puso ng Saging or Banana Blossoms stewed in creamy coconut milk with shrimp. So tasty and yummy partnered with steamed rice.
GINATAANG PUSO NG SAGING
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon alamang (shrimp paste)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 cans banana blossoms in brine, remove liquid and rinse
- 1/2 pound pork meat, cut into cubes, boiled until tender
- 1/2 pound shrimps, shelled & deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 chili pepper (siling haba)
- Sauté garlic and onions in hot oil.
- Stir in shrimp paste, chili paste and cooked pork meat. Cook for 1 minute. Chili paste is for heat, so adjust to your liking.
- Pour in 2 cans of coconut milk. Cook until thickened. About 4 minutes.
- Add the salt, chili pepper and banana blossoms. Cook until the banana blossoms are tender.
- Put in shrimps the last 2 minutes of cooking. They’re cooked once they turn pink. Turn off heat. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: