GINATAANG PUSO NG SAGING (Banana Blossoms in Coconut Milk)
Quick and easy vegetable recipe that Filipinos love. Try this: Ginataang Puso ng Saging or Banana Blossoms stewed in creamy coconut milk with shrimp. So tasty and yummy partnered with steamed rice.
GINATAANG PUSO NG SAGING
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, sliced
1 tablespoon alamang (shrimp paste)
1 teaspoon chili paste
2 cans coconut milk
2 cans banana blossoms in brine, remove liquid and rinse
1/2 pound pork meat, cut into cubes, boiled until tender
1/2 pound shrimps, shelled & deveined
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 chili pepper (siling haba)
1. Saute garlic and onions in hot oil.
2. Stir in shrimp paste, chili paste and cooked pork meat. Cook for 1 minute. Chili paste is for heat, so adjust to your liking.
3. Pour in 2 cans of coconut milk. Cook until thickened. About 4 minutes.
4. Add the salt, chili pepper and banana blossoms. Cook until the banana blossoms are tender.
5. Put in shrimps the last 2 minutes of cooking. They’re cooked once they turn pink. Turn off heat.