Start your week off with perfection with these Hawaiian BBQ Chicken. In Hawaii they call it Huli-huli Chicken with grilled pineapple. The tangy sweet sauce clings perfectly to tender pieces of dark meat chicken pieces and goes so well with juicy fresh pineapple rings. Fruits can be grilled too which brings put their natural sweetness and flavor. A scrumptious bites includes chicken with pineapple. Yummmy!!!
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
1/2 kilo chicken (thigh or drumstick)
1 cup bbq sauce (you can find the bottled version in supermarkets)
1 (15-ounce) can pineapple slices (including juice)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon banana ketchup
3 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 tablespoon brown sugar
¼ cup oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix bbq sauce, juice from the can of pineapple slices, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. Pour half of the mixture into a container with cover. Add oil and chicken. Cover container and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Keep the remaining mixture and chill until ready for use.
- For Grilling: Preheat and grease your grill over medium heat.
- Take out chicken from refrigerator and transfer marinade and use it for basting chicken later on.
- Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Keep basting with reserved marinade until cooked through.
- Grill pineapple slices along with the chicken, 2-3 minutes on each side til heated through and just beginning to char.
- Serve and enjoy!