PINEAPPLE PORK CHOPS
10 thick pork chops (always allow one per person)
1.5 cups ketchup (about half a bottle)
1-1/2 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 medium can sliced pineapples
- Heat an oil, brown the pork chops slowly in a pan until light golden brown over medium to low heat for about 3 minutes. Drain from oil and transfer to an oven pan.
- Porkchops should be arranged in a single layer. In a saucepan, mix the remaining ingredients, except for the pineapple; bring to a boil and cook to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops; top with the half of the sliced pineapple (reserve half for garnish), juice and all.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 275 degree oven for 2-1/2 to 3 hours until pork is tender.
- Serve hot and garnish with pineapple slices on top with mixed vegetables and steamed rice on the side. Enjoy!