This Pork Hamonado Rolls Recipe is an all time family favorite dish for special occasions or holiday feast. It’s an all time classic Filipino food we love. Happy cooking and enjoy this recipe.
Pork Hamonado Rolls
- 3 kilograms pork shoulder (kasim), sliced thinly
- 4 cooked salted eggs, and cut into 4 wedges
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 5.7 cups (1360ml) pineapple juice
- 1 can (340g) pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp. achuete powder
- Ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Marination: In a large bowl, add the slices of pork, pineapple juice, sugar, and achuete powder. Mix it until well combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Cover with cling wrap and let it marinate overnight in the fridge. (Best in 3 days marination)
- Assemble: Separate pork sliced from the marinade (reserve marinade sauce) and transfer the slices on a flat surface and place the slices of salted egg in the center. Roll the pork slices into a log form and tie with a kitchen string.
- Cooking: In a large wok, add 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute until golden brown for 1-2 minutes. Then add the pork rolls. Sear it on all sides until it becomes golden brown for about 5-8 minutes.
- Pour half of the marinade juices in the pan and let it simmer until sauce becomes thick in texture for around 30-40 minutes. Don’t forget to turn over the pork rolls from one side to another every 10-15minutes.
- When sauce becomes thick, separate the pork rolls and transfer on a serving platter. Gently cut the string around the rolls and slice into serving pieces.
- Serve it with sauce poured over the pork Hamonado rolls. Garnish with pineapple slices with fresh lettuce, strawberries and fresh blackberries on the side if preferred.
- Enjoy! Happy Cooking