(Sauteed Mung Beans & Fried Round Scad)
GINISANG MUNGGO AT PRITONG GALUNGGONG
1 pack Mung beans, pre-soaked in water
1/2 pound pork, cubed
1/2 pound shrimps, peeled & deveined
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, sliced
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 large piece bittermelon, sliced in 3-inch length pieces
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 bunch bittermelon leaves or 1 package frozen bittermelon leaves (thawed-out)
2 pork bouillon cubes
7 cups water
2 tablespoons cooking oil
fish sauce to taste
1. Drain pre-soaked Mung beans. Transfer into 5 cups boiling water and simmer until tender. Set aside.
2. Heat cooking oil in a pot. Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes until soft and fragrant.
3. Add pork and saute for a few minutes until light brown. Season with fish sauce. Pour in 2 cups water. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until pork is tender.
4. Pour in cooked Mung beans. Add bittermelon, bouillon cubes and black pepper. Simmer for a few minutes or until bittermelons are tender.
5. Add bittermelon leaves and shrimps. Cook for 1 minute or until shrimps turn pink. Cover pot. Turn off heat.
Also check out our latest recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Do subscribe to our daily recipes by clicking on Subscribe.
You may comment on this post using our Facebook Comment plugins too.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.
Credits: Kitchen Offerings