(Sauteed Mung Beans & Fried Round Scad)
GINISANG MUNGGO AT PRITONG GALUNGGONG
1 pack Mung beans, pre-soaked in water
1/2 pound pork, cubed
1/2 pound shrimps, peeled & deveined
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, sliced
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 large piece bittermelon, sliced in 3-inch length pieces
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 bunch bittermelon leaves or 1 package frozen bittermelon leaves (thawed-out)
2 pork bouillon cubes
7 cups water
2 tablespoons cooking oil
fish sauce to taste
1. Drain pre-soaked Mung beans. Transfer into 5 cups boiling water and simmer until tender. Set aside.
2. Heat cooking oil in a pot. Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes until soft and fragrant.
3. Add pork and saute for a few minutes until light brown. Season with fish sauce. Pour in 2 cups water. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until pork is tender.
4. Pour in cooked Mung beans. Add bittermelon, bouillon cubes and black pepper. Simmer for a few minutes or until bittermelons are tender.
5. Add bittermelon leaves and shrimps. Cook for 1 minute or until shrimps turn pink. Cover pot. Turn off heat.
Also check out our new recipe:
Credits: Kitchen Offerings
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.