This macaroons recipe is a level up recipe specially made for the coming Holiday season. Give it as a gift, giveaways or sell it in boxes of sweet treats! Happy baking and Happy Holidays!
Macaroons (A Holiday Recipe)
2 cups dessicated coconut
1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 cup of any of these: walnuts, cashew nuts, glazed fruits or raisins (optional)
1. Prepare your oven and preheat to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Using a whisker or electric hand mixer, cream your butter and gradually add the sugar in batches.
3. Add the eggs one by one, while constantly beating.
4. Add in the cheese and pour condensed milk.
5. In another bowl, combine dessicated coconut and all-purpose flour. Then, add it to the egg/milk mixture.
6. Spoon on paper-lined mini muffin pans and top with glazed fruits or nuts.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Topping options range from nuts, raisins, or chopped glazed fruits, or most people enjoy them plain without any topping.
Use a small ice cream scooper to portion the mix evenly in the mini muffin pan.
Substitute lime zest or lemon zest instead of vanilla extract for a nice fresh lemon flavor.
You may also try our new recipe:
Credits: Kitchen Offerings
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.