Bulalo or Beef Shank Mami is the soup for the soul. A comfort food of every Filipino that warms up our hearts when feeling cold or just simply missing home.
Nothing beats a homemade Filipino style Bulalo Mami sprinkled with lots of toasted garlic or chicharon on top with slices of boiled eggs. And dont forget the chopped green onions garnish. Argggh ..so yummy in my tummy! Happy cooking 💗 Enjoy!
(BEEF SHANK NOODLE SOUP)
2 pieces beef shank w/ bone marrow
1 liter water
1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 large onion, chopped
1 pkg beef balls (about 15 pieces)
1 bunch pechay/bokchoy, cut into 2 inch lengths
3 whole corn on the cob, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds mami noodles
2 beef bouillon cubes
3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced into wedges
sliced green onions
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Boil beef shanks in a large pot of water with onion and peppercorns until tender. Remove impurities that rise to the top.
2. Remove beef from liquid and set aside.
3. Add more water if less than 8 cups. Drop bouillon cubes, beef balls, corn on the cob to the boiling liquid. Cook for 7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, separate meat from the bone and chop into large chunks.
5. Add the chopped meat and mami noodles, cook for another 5-7 minutes. Do not overcook the noodles. Check seasoning for more salt and pepper if needed.
6. Add the sliced pechay/bokchoy. Cover the pot and turn off heat.
7. Dish up the soup in a bowl and garnish with hard-boiled eggs, sliced green onions, fried garlic and lemon wedges.
You may also try our newest recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Do subscribe to our daily recipes by clicking Yes to “ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS” in the pop up window.
You may comment on this post using our Facebook Comment by clicking through links posted on our Facebook page.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.