Beef Bulalo Mami or Beef Shank Mami is the soup for the soul. A comfort food of every Filipino that warms up our hearts when feeling cold or just simply missing home.
Nothing beats a homemade Filipino style Bulalo Mami sprinkled with lots of toasted garlic or chicharon on top with slices of boiled eggs. And dont forget the chopped green onions garnish. Argggh ..so yummy in my tummy! Happy cooking and Enjoy!
BEEF BULALO MAMI
(Beef Shank Noodle Soup)
2 pieces beef shank w/ bone marrow
1 liter water
1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 large onion, chopped
1 pack beef balls (about 15 pieces)
1 bunch pechay/bokchoy, cut into 2 inch lengths
3 whole corn on the cob, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds mami noodles
2 beef bouillon cubes
3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced into wedges
sliced green onions
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Boil beef shanks in a large pot of water with onion and peppercorns until tender. Remove impurities that rise to the top.
2. Remove beef from liquid and set aside.
3. Add more water if less than 8 cups. Drop bouillon cubes, beef balls, corn on the cob to the boiling liquid. Cook for 7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, separate meat from the bone and chop into large chunks.
5. Add the chopped meat and mami noodles, cook for another 5-7 minutes. Do not overcook the noodles. Check seasoning for more salt and pepper if needed.
6. Add the sliced pechay/bokchoy. Cover the pot and turn off heat.
7. Dish up the soup in a bowl and garnish with hard-boiled eggs, sliced green onions, fried garlic and lemon wedges.
You may also try our newest recipe:
Credits: Kitchen Offerings
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.