As the weather gets colder and colder everyday, why not cook a very hot Bulalo soup or beef marrow soup to warm our day even just for awhile. For the chilly ice cold wind or even rainy days, Bulalo Soup for the win!
BULALO SOUP RECIPE
2 pounds beef shanks
2 bunches pechay, cleaned and discard stem ends
2 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
8 pieces mini corn on the cob
2-3 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
2 beef bouillon cubes
6-7 cups of water
1. In a large pot, place the beef shanks and cover with water.
2. Add the onion and peppercorn and bring to a boil.
3. Remove scum as it rises. Then lower the heat and simmer for 2 hours or until the beef is fork tender.
4. Add the potatoes, corn, fish sauce and bouillon cubes. Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are done.
5. Add the pechay in the final 1 minute of cooking. Cover the pot and turn off heat.
Photo by My Kitchen Offerings