2 pounds beef shanks
2 bunches pechay, cleaned and discard stem ends
2 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
8 pieces mini corn on the cob
2-3 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
2 beef bouillon cubes
6-7 cups of water
1. In a large pot, place the beef shanks and cover with water.
2. Add the onion and peppercorn and bring to a boil.
3. Remove scum as it rises. Then lower the heat and simmer for 2 hours or until the beef is fork tender.
4. Add the potatoes, corn, fish sauce and bouillon cubes. Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are done.
5. Add the pechay in the final 1 minute of cooking. Cover the pot and turn off heat.