“The recipe is for one (1) cornish game hen, but I used the same to do three (3) hens. The liquid seasoning used for steaming is suitable for use to as much hens that your steamer could hold.
The only adjustment you need to make is if you are doing more than one hen, then use more salt and pepper.
And by the way, you can use regular chicken if you don’t like to use cornish game hen.
The secret to crispy Max’s style fried chicken is to steam the poultry prior to frying.”
1 whole cornish game hen
6 pieces dried bay leaves
1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
4 cups water
3 cups cooking oil
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a steamer, bring water to a boil. Add the bay leaves and cilantro.
2. Steam the hen for 45 minutes.
3. Remove the hen from the steamer and allow the excess liquid to drip. Let the hen cool down. I recommend putting in the refrigerator for a few hours to remove excess moisture.
4. Rub salt and pepper all over the hen.
5. In a deep fryer or deep pot, heat the cooking oil. Fry the hen until nicely browned and crispy.
6. Serve hot.