“This is my takeaway inspiration from Guy Fieri’s cookbook where he has a Cajun Chicken Alfredo that is a bestseller in his restaurant Johnny Garlic’s.
I came up with my own version of a Cajun/Italian fusion dish and it came out delish. Check it out.”
1.5 pounds of shrimps, shelled & deveined
1 pound box, penne
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
1 small jar, pesto (about 6-7 ounces)
1 regular can, cream of mushroom soup
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup of water
1. Cook penne in salted boiling water until al dente.
2. Mix Cajun seasoning with the shrimps. Saute in 1.5 tablespoons of butter until slightly brown. Do not overcook. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, put remaining butter. Stir in pesto then add cream of mushroom soup followed by a cup of water. Let boil to creamy consistency.
4. Add the penne to the sauce and stir until combined thoroughly.
5. No need for crushed pepper flakes. The Cajun shrimps will be spicy.
6. Add the shrimps on top when plating or combine with sauced pasta. Whichever you prefer.