Quick and easy orange jam that can be served as a dessert too! Double this recipe if you want more yields.
Yield: 2 small jars
2 oranges, chopped
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
1. Stir sugar and water in a medium sauce pot and let them boil.
2. Add in your chopped oranges in the pot and let it simmer over the lowest heat in your stove.
3. Simmer and cook it for one hour and fourty five minutes until consistency becomes thick as a jam.
4. Turn off heat and let it cool. Transfer into sterilized jars and seal it tightly. You can put little cloth on top and tie it with a string. This will prevent air from coming in..and will lengthen shelf life.
5. Place the jars in a dry place and keep it at room temperature. Once opened, you can keep it in the fridge for longer shelf life.
Shelf life is approximately 1 month up to a year depending on how you store it.