Quick and easy orange jam that can be served as a dessert too! Double this recipe if you want more yields.
HOMEMADE ORANGE JAM
Yield: 2 small jars
2 oranges, chopped
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
1. Stir sugar and water in a medium sauce pot and let them boil.
2. Add in your chopped oranges in the pot and let it simmer over the lowest heat in your stove.
3. Simmer and cook it for one hour and fourty five minutes until consistency becomes thick as a jam.
4. Turn off heat and let it cool. Transfer into sterilized jars and seal it tightly. You can put little cloth on top and tie it with a string. This will prevent air from coming in..and will lengthen shelf life.
5. Place the jars in a dry place and keep it at room temperature. Once opened, you can keep it in the fridge for longer shelf life.
Shelf life is approximately 1 month up to a year depending on how you store it.
Happy cooking and enjoy!
You may also try our recipe for:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.