Quick and easy orange jam that can be served as a dessert too! Double this recipe if you want more yields. You can add a hint of other fruits like apricot, apples, lemon, rhubarb, gooseberry, or peach to add variety and flavor. Like lime. Yes, some orange peels are included, you can use atleast 1/4 of the orange peels to add a slight orange hint and make sure to scrape the white pith.
Use this recipe as your ratio if you have more oranges than listed below.
HOMEMADE ORANGE JAM
2 oranges, chopped (including 1/4 of orange peel, grated, remove the white pith, remove the seeds from the flesh)
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
1. Stir sugar and water in a medium sauce pot and let them boil.
2. Add in your chopped oranges in the pot and let it simmer over the lowest heat in your stove.
3. Simmer and cook it for one hour and fourty five minutes until consistency becomes thick as a jam. Stirring from time to time.
4. Turn off heat and let it cool.
5. Transfer into sterilized jars and seal it tightly. You can put little cloth on top and tie it with a string. This will prevent air from coming in..and will lengthen shelf life.
6. Place the jars in a dry place and keep it at room temperature. Once opened, you can keep it in the fridge for longer shelf life.
7. Shelf life is approximately 1 month up to a year depending on how you store it.
Happy cooking and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.