CREAM CHEESE FILLED BANANA BREAD
1 large egg
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt, optional and to taste
Cream Cheese Filling:
1 large egg
4 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9″x5″ loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and flour lightly; set aside.
2. Prepare a mixing bowl, mix the egg, brown sugar, vegetable oil, sour cream and vanilla extract, and whisk to incorporate.
3. Toss in the bananas and mix to incorporate.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt (if using), and fold it into the wet ingredients using a spatula until just combined.
5. Transfer the batter about 2/3 into the prepared pan. Smoothen the top with a spatula and evenly spread the batter in all sides as needed. Then set it aside.
6. Prepare the cream cheese filling: combine all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk to incorporatecall ingredients.
7. Then pour the cream cheese filling mixture over the bread, smoothen it again with a spatula. Make sure it is evenly spread out.
8. Pour the remaining bread batter and smoothen the top gently with a spatula. Make sure the cream cheese is not disturbed.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 48 to 50 minutes or until the top is shape like a dome, golden and the center is set. If necessary, tent the pan with a sheet of aluminum foil when timer is marked at 30 minutes. (Watch out: if you notice the tops and sides will become too browned before center cooks through.)
10. Always make sure to watch your bread because baking time may vary depending on thectype of oven you use and based on the moisture content of the bananas.
11. Let the bread to cool first in the pan for around 15 minutes before inverting it out on a wire rack to cool completely.
12. Slice, share and enjoy!
Serving suggestion: top with honey, cinnamon-sugar or butter.
Storage span: it will keep at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months in an airtight container.
Try our newest Coffee Loaf Recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Do subscribe to our daily recipes by clicking Yes to “ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS” in the pop up Red Bell button.
You may comment on this post using our Facebook Comment by clicking through links posted on our Facebook page.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.
Courtesy of @sweet_marg