This banana bread recipe is all in one.. with cream cheese filling. Perfect for your afternoon snack with the kids. They will surely love these!
CREAM CHEESE BANANA BREAD
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt, optional and to taste
For Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9″x5″ loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and flour lightly; set aside.
- Prepare a mixing bowl, mix the egg, brown sugar, vegetable oil, sour cream and vanilla extract, and whisk to incorporate.
- Toss in the bananas and mix to incorporate.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt (if using), and fold it into the wet ingredients using a spatula until just combined.
- Transfer the batter about 2/3 into the prepared pan. Smoothen the top with a spatula and evenly spread the batter in all sides as needed. Then set it aside.
- Prepare the cream cheese filling: combine all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk to incorporate all ingredients.
- Then pour the cream cheese filling mixture over the bread, smoothen it again with a spatula. Make sure it is evenly spread out.
- Pour the remaining bread batter and smoothen the top gently with a spatula. Make sure the cream cheese is not disturbed.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 48 to 50 minutes or until the top is shape like a dome, golden and the center is set. If necessary, tent the pan with a sheet of aluminum foil when timer is marked at 30 minutes. (Watch out: if you notice the tops and sides will become too browned before center cooks through.)
- Always make sure to watch your bread because baking time may vary depending on thectype of oven you use and based on the moisture content of the bananas.
- Let the bread to cool first in the pan for around 15 minutes before inverting it out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice, share and enjoy!
Serving suggestion: top with honey, cinnamon-sugar or butter.
Storage Span: it will keep at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months in an airtight container.