Ready in just a few minutes, this Honey Garlic Shrimp recipe is quick and easy to cook! Serve over with java rice, with a side of garlic potatoes, mac and cheese. What a perfect meal combo!
Makes 3-4 servings
Honey Garlic Shrimp
½ cup raw honey
¼ cup light soy sauce (or coconut aminos, or Braggs liquid aminos)
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
juice of one small lemon
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tbsp. butter (or Irish butter, or coconut oil)
green onions and parsley, chopped for garnish
- Prepare a medium bowl and stir honey, soy sauce, garlic and lemon. Pour only half of the sauce to the shrimp and let marinate for 30 minutes. Set aside remaining sauce for later.
- In a pan over low heat, melt the butter. Toss in the shrimp and drain the marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Adjust the heat to medium high. Sauté until the shrimp turns pinkish for about 2 minutes each side only.
- Pour the reserved marinade over the shrimp. Stirring continuously, until sauce becomes thick in texture and it coats the shrimp.
- Top it with green onions or fresh chopped parsley to infused more flavor.
- Serve with java rice, mac and cheese and garlic potatoes! Wow yummy..