This Homemade Chocolate Bar Recipe is super easy to make and the ingredients are easy to find. Anyone can easily make it. Start making these Homemade Chocolate Candy Recipe for the coming Valentines. As early as now you can start selling these chocolate goodies for business and start earning an extra money even at home. Recipe #1 is used by many chocolate makers. Some of you though may have a hard time looking for the Cocoa Butter Substitute or CBS. But dont worry because I will tell you where to buy it. For the moulds; you can use, ice cube trays, or old Fererro Rocher trays, small silicon chocolate cups available at online stores.
What is a Cocoa butter? “Cocoa butter, also called Theobroma oil, is a pale-yellow, edible vegetable fat extracted from the cocoa bean. It is used to make chocolate, as well as some ointments, toiletries, and pharmaceuticals. Cocoa butter has a cocoa flavor and aroma.” Wikipedia. Where to buy Cocoa Butter Substitute (CBS)? You can buy it in baking stores near your place or look for Facebook Pages selling baking ingredients. It is also available in Shopee or other online stores in the Philippines. Is there an alternative for Cocoa Butter Substitute? You may use vegetable shortening or oil if you cant find CBS. But the quality I can’t promise if using an alternative ingredient. CBS for chocolate making is well known in all baking stores. If you don’t know where to find the nearest baking store in your area I suggest you Google it. Use this keyword in your search “Baking store Philippines Quezon City” and all the baking store in that place will show up. You can narrow it down into a much specific place if you like. Happy Chocolating!
Homemade Chocolate Bar Recipe
- 1 kilogram semi sweet chocolate bar, (Fuji or Beryls)
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa butter substitute
- Chocolate Molder, grease lightly with oil
- In a large bowl, grate the chocolate bar. Transfer the grated chocolate in a pot over the lowest heat setting. Or you may use a double boiler. (Pan above a simmering water)
- Combine all other ingredients into the pot. Turn off heat as soon as it melts. Do not over cook the melted chocolate.
- Pour into small silicone cups or molder.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes, until firm. Pop chocolate out of the cups. Ready for packaging. Enjoy!
Below picture is a sample of melting your chocolate in double broiler. I spilled some chocolate underneath the boiling water when I accidentally moved the strainer sideway.
Homemade Chocolate Recipe
- Cocoa powder – 5 tbsp
- Milk powder – 1 1/4 cups
- Butter – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 2/3 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Sieve milk powder and cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a pot, heat water and sugar and let it boil over high heat. Adjust heat to low and continue cooking till the syrup reaches “one string” consistency. (Super lapot na halos nag-sisinulid na using the tip of the spoon)
- Add the butter and mix well till it melts and blends with the syrup. Turn off heat.
- Add the cocoa-milk powder mixture gradually (a few tbsp at a time) and mix well till glossy. Grease square pan or plate. Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula allow to set for 10 to 15 minuted at room temperature.
- Place in fridge for 10-15 minutes. Remove from fridge and use a cookie cutter to cut into desired shape.
- Wrap them in colored papers and gift to family and friends.
- You can add crushed nuts of your choice.
- You can add 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence at the time of adding butter. Alternately, 2 tsp of strong coffee mixture can be added.
- If using cinnamon, add 1/4 tsp to the cocoa-milk mixture and sieve.To check for one string consistency of sugar syrup – allow the sugar to dissolve in water.
- Continue to cook the syrup on low flame. It will begin to thicken. When you touch the syrup between your forefinger and thumb, a thin string will form and it should not break. If it breaks, the syrup should simmer for a little while longer.