Traditional way of cooking Roasted Chicken in Philippines, nilitson manok sa nagbabagang uling for about 2-3 hours. Lagyan ng fresh tanglad para bumango at mas sumarap. Happy cooking!
LITSON MANOK WITH TANGLAD
For litson manok:
5 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp. anise seeds
4 stalks of lemon grass or tanglad
1 medium size onion, quartered
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
Salt to taste
1 cup chicken soup stock (or chicken bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup hot water)
1 whole medium size dressed chicken
For litson manok sauce:
½ kilo fried chicken liver
2 medium sized onion, chopped
¼ cup vinegar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. bread crumbs
1 head garlic
½ tsp. all spice powder
1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
1 cup chicken stock
salt to taste
1. For litson manok:
Pour chicken stock in a sauce pot, cook and let it simmer.
2. Season and add anise, lemon grass, onion, salt, sugar, garlic and cover. Simmer and after a few minutes turn off the heat and set aside.
3. Strain the soup stock and reserve the spices. This will be used later to stuff the chicken.
4. Get a large syringe to inject the chicken with the soup stock.
5. Marinate the chicken overnight and place it in the refrigerator.
6. Grill the chicken over the live charcoal and keep basting with the oil and soup stock mixture.
7. Grill the chicken (i-litson sa baga) for about 2 to 3 hours depending on the size and weight of the chicken.
8. To test if the Chicken is done, a clear juice comes out of the chicken when you prick on the groin, leg part or thigh part.
9. Cook it until the meat is tender and the skin is brown. Serve with lechon manok sauce.
10. For litson manok sauce:
Put all the ingredients together in a blender (except the all spice powder) until it becomes a puree.
11. Pour the mixture in a saucepan and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the liver is already cooked and the sauce thickens.
12. Turn off the heat then add the all spice powder. Mix well and set aside.
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.