This Shrimp and Garlic Scampi Pasta is just so light and tasty. The sauce is simply mild and the taste of garlic is lightly touching the taste bud. With some crunchy broccoli and parmesan cheese. Oh it was just perfectly simple and delicious!
SHRIMP AND GARLIC SCAMPI PASTA
400g package spaghetti noodles
1 head broccoli, chopped into chunks (bite-size pieces)
½ kilo shrimp, (peeled, deveined and remove head)
8-10 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tsp red pepper flakes, (optional)
1 cup vegetable broth or salted water
1 tablespoon parsley, minced
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt & pepper, to taste
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp garlic powder
extra toasted minced garlic, garnish (optional)
1. Prepare boiling water in large pot. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, (reserve 1 cup water, substitute for broth). Set it aside.
2. Heat 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil in large pan. Saute the garlic for a few minutes, stirring often, until golden brown. Add red pepper flakes to add flavor.
3. Add the water or broth to the garlic & bring to a boil. Lower heat, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, and simmer for a few minutes until water is reduced.
5. Add the pasta to the garlic and toss well so noodles are evenly coated and well heated. Simmer until water has evaporated.
6. In separate pan heat olive oil and toss in shrimp and broccoli, saute until shrimp becomes pinkish in color. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder, toss and turn to incorporate. Turn off heat.
7. Add shrimp and broccoli, as well as the parsley and Parmesan cheese to the pasta and garlic. Toss them all together.
8. Serve it hot with parsley and an extra parmesan cheese on top with lots of minced toasted garlic if desired.
This recipe is best served with toasted bread with butter on the side. So yummy.. Enjoy!!!
Number of servings (yield): 4
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.