This is another sweet temptation to try. No baking needes. Delicious Vanilla Custard Slice. So comfortingly creamy soft, the first nice sensation starts before you even get to taste it.
Instead of using Puff, soft pastry.. just use biscuits to layer the gentle, sweet, vanilla pudding like filling and easily dust it with icing sugar. This is best for Sunday treat day – quick, easy and no oven needed.
If you cant find any lattice biscuit, try any of your favorite thin flaky square biscuits, graham crackers or use a baked puff pastry.
Vanilla Slice Recipe
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- 100g instant vanilla pudding mix (powder)
- 200g Lattice Flaky biscuits (Arnotts Brand) or any like grahams etc.
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, or vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup powder sugar, sifted
- In a mixing bowl, add heavy cream instant pudding, custard powder and vanilla essence over medium speed until it becomes thick in consistency. (It covers the back of your spoon). Set aside.
- In a square pan, line it with the square lattice biscuit until fully covered.
- Scoop the cream pudding mixture into the lined biscuit and smoothen out the top.
- Place another biscuit on top and smooth down the sides, filling in the sides with more cream if there are hollows. Continue for the remaining biscuits.
For the Toppings:
Sift icing sugar on top of the vanilla slice upon serving. Slice, serve and enjoy!
For best result, store for 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge to allow the biscuits to soften.