This is another sweet temptation to try. Delicious Vanilla Custard Slice. So comfortingly creamy soft, the first nice sensation starts before you even get to taste it.
Puffy, soft pastry layered between gentle, sweet, vanilla pudding like filling and covered with a soft blanket of icing This is best for Sunday treat day – don’t forget to add it to your cooking list.
If you cant find any lattice biscuit, try any of your favorite flaky square biscuits, graham crackers or use a puff pastry.
2 ½ cups heavy cream
100g instant vanilla pudding mix (powder)
200g Lattice Flaky biscuits (Arnotts brand)
2 tablespoons custard powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence, or vanilla bean paste
1 cup powder sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon milk
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
1. In a mixing bowl, add heavy cream instant pudding, custard powder and vanilla essence over medium speed until it becomes thick in consistency. (It covers the back of your spoon). Set aside.
2. In a square pan, line it with the square lattice biscuit until fully covered.
3. Scoop the cream pudding mixture into the lined biscuit and smoothen out the top.
4. Place another biscuit on top and smooth down the sides, filling in the sides with more
cream if there are hollows. Continue for the remaining biscuits.
For the Toppings:
5. Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter, milk and vanilla essence and mix together with a fork until a firm consistency is reached. Add a very small amount of extra milk, if required. Spread icing onto each slice.
For best result, store for 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge to allow the biscuits to soften.
You may also try our:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.