1 x 600 mL bottle full fat cream
1 x 100 g packet Cottee’s instant vanilla pudding mix
1 x 200 g packet Lattice biscuits
2 tablespoons custard powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence, or vanilla bean paste
1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon milk
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
Desiccated coconut, to taste
1. Combine cream, instant pudding, custard powder and vanilla into the bowl of a food
processor and process on medium speed until combined and thick, it must not fall from a spoon.
2. You may also, put these ingredients into a bowl and use an electric hand mixer.
3. Use a large spoon, transfer a good amount of cream mixture onto a biscuit. Smoothen and align evenly on all sides.
4. Then, put another biscuit on top and smoothen all the sides, fill in the sides with more cream if there are hollows. Continue for the remaining biscuits.
5. Finishing: sift icing sugar into a bowl.
6. Add butter, milk and essence and mix together with a fork until a firm consistency is reached. Add a very small amount of extra milk, if required.
7. Spread icing onto each slice, then dip into the coconut while it is still moist.
8. If possible, store for 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge to allow the biscuits