All I can say is, it’s sinfully delish! The pudding was perfect and the creamy sauce really complimented the pudding. A dessert perfect with a cup of coffee!
It’s an Ina Garten and Paula Deen recipe in one dessert. Happy baking!
Substitute: What if there’s no half and half available? The ratio would be, just mix 1/2 whole milk and 1/2 all purpose cream.
Croissant Bread Pudding With Bailey’s Irish Cream Sauce
3 extra large whole eggs
8 extra large egg yolks
5 cups half & half milk (1/2 cream + 1/2 milk ratio)
1-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
For the Custard mixture:
1. In a large bowl, combine whole eggs, egg yolks, half & half, sugar and vanilla. Set the custard mixture aside.
2. Slice the croissant in half horizontally. In a 10″ baking dish, distribute the bottoms of the sliced croissants as the base, sprinkle raisins, then the tops of the croissants (brown side up), just make sure the raisins are between the layers of croissants to avoid burning it.
3. Pour the custard over the croissants and and let it stand and soak for about 10 minutes. Press it down gently to compress.
4. Then place it over a larger pan filled with 1-inch hot water (Baine marie style). Place an aluminum cover on the large pan. Tent the foil so it doesn’t touch the surface of the pudding. Poke some holes in the foil to allow heat to escape.
5. Bake in the oven at 170°C for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 40-45 more minutes or until the pudding puffs up and the custard is set.
6. Turn of heat, remove it from the oven. Let it cool a bit.
7. Serve warm with Bailey’s Irish cream sauce.
FOR THE BAILEY’S IRISH CREAM SAUCE:
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur (Bailey’s)
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
Water, to dissolve cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a sauce pot, heat heavy cream, Irish cream liqueur, and sugar. Mix well.
2. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon of water and add into the sauce pot. Stir the cream mixture and cook until sauce becomes thick
3. Add vanilla flavor.
4. Serve over bread pudding.
You may also try our:
Credits: Kitchen Offerings
Thanks for dropping by our website. Happy cooking!