If you got extra oatmeal sitting in your pantry for too long.. its time to make some Oatmeal Muffins. Dont just let it expire, recycle these healthy oats into muffins and sprinkle them with nuts or chocolatr chips too. Instant breaktime snack specially if your working at home.
Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
1 cup quick cook oats
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg, beaten lightly
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips or raisins or nuts
- In a large bowl, mix oats and buttermilk and let it sit for 1 hour. Set aside.
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 400°F and grease twelve 1/2-cup muffin tins.
- Combine egg, sugar and butter to oat mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Into separate large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and add to oat mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in your choice of chocolates, or raisins or nuts.
- Pour batter evenly on greased muffin tins.
- Bake muffins in middle of oven until golden and a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Serve. Share and Enjoy!