Do you want an easy Filipino style fried rice? This is best if you have left over longganisa in the fridge or freezer. So you can make use of those longganisa pieces you forgot to cook for a long time. Great for any weekend heavy breakfast. Yummmy!
Longganisa Fried Rice
5 cups cooked rice
3 pieces longanisa, slice or crumbled
2 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons cooking oil
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Spring onions, chopped (garnish optional)
1 small pack, mixed vegetables (saves time)
½ cup frozen green peas
½ carrots, cubed
2 tbsp spring onions, garnish
1. Beat 2 whole eggs in a small bowl, until frothy. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat some cooking oil (about 3 tbsp) over medium to low heat. Pour egg mixture into the pan, fry, mix and crumble until done. Turn off heat, drain oil and transfer to a plate. Set aside.
3. Using the same pan, fry the longganisa. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat. Stirring occasionally to avoid sticking in the bottom. Add the butter and let it melt over lowest heat. (Butter burns easily in high heat)
4. Gently add the rice into the pan. Add mixed vegetables. Fold in gently all the ingredients until well combined. Cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the egg into the pan and toss it well to mix. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Add in the mixed vegetables, season with salt and pepper. Keep stirring the rice until well combined. Adjust seasoning as needed. Garnish with chopped spring onions upon serving.
Serve hot and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.