Banoffee pie is a portmanteau constructed from the words “banana” and “toffee”.
It is a well known English dessert. A pie layered with bananas, whipped cream and toffee caramel (or boiled condensed milk/dulce de leche). It can be made using a pastry base or made from crumbled biscuits and butter.
Tips: you can make this recipe in one whole round cake, you can make it in tubs or even in cups. You can sell it too. Its super delicious and its a “no bake” desserts that your guest will absolutely love. I strongly suggest to use Frosty Boy or Whip it, because all purpose cream can easily melt if not served frozen.
Banoffee Pie Recipe
2 cups crushed graham
2 cups Frosty Boy or Whip It (alternatively all purpose cream)
2 ripe lakatan bananas, sliced in rounds
1/2 pack condensed milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine (room temperature)
50 Grams Butter
1/2 Cup brown Sugar
1/2 can condense milk
1. For the Crust:
Pour crushed graham into your pan
Melt butter at room temperature or you can melt it in low fire. Pour it on crushed graham
Mix it then press to mold your base.
2. For Toffee Caramel: In a pan, melt butter over low heat for about 1-2 minutes. Add 1 cup of sugar. Mix it until sugar is dissolved over lowest heat possible. Add 1/2 can condensed milk. Mix it throughly until sauce covers the back of your spatula. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Notes: Don’t overcook Toffee Caramel, remember the toffee hardens as it cools down. So it should be just gooey or it becomes hard candy to slice later. So be on the look out, it should be wet and gooey when you turn off heat. Please use your fair judgement that it may harden as it cools down.
3. Assemble: Slice the bananas. Arrange it on top of our base crust. Pour in the toffee caramel or dulce de leche on top of sliced bananas. (not too thick about 1/2 inch only)
4. In separate mixing bowl, prepare the Frosty Boy (or Whip it) according to package instructions and beat it over medium speed. Gradually add 1/4 can condensed milk and keep beating until it becomes thick in texture.
5. Pour the cream all over. Sprinkle crushed graham. Chilled for several hours or overnight.
6. Decoration: Spread some Finetti/Nutella chocolate spread on top with fresh slices of banana. Serve chilled and enjoy!!