Skip to content
Craving for Sinanglay? Nothing to worry.. Cook it today and make sure to choose the best Tilapia catched in the sea instead of the farmed one. This is clean and safe to eat.
Sinanglay na Tilapia
- 2 large tilapia, cleaned and scales removed
- 4 pieces wide bok choy (or pechay) leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 pieces medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 thumb ginger, chopped
- 3 pieces long green chili
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pandan Leaves
- For the Tilapia Filling: Mix garlic, onion, tomatoes, ginger and combine well in medium bowl
- Slice each tilapia in the belly side and stuff with the prepared filling.
- Tilapia Wrapping: Wrap each tilapia with 2-3 large bok choy leaves. Make sure to cover everything. Use the pandan leaves to secure the bok choy and tie it around the fish
- Carefully transfer the wrapped tilapia in a wide cooking pan then pour-in coconut milk, water, and add long green chili. Season with salt, cover pot and turn on to medium heat.
- Once it boils, adjust heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes until coconut milk becomes thick. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR
Fudgee Cake (No Bake)
SUBSCRIBE TO NOTIFICATION