“Thick and fudgy brownies. These desserts are about 2-inches thick. Chewy from the magic ingredient called “dulce de leche. You can swirl a dulce de leche gooey stuff on top with a choco stick and a caramel candy. Dulce de Leche is sweetened condensed milk that has been heated and through reaction changes taste and color.”
Dulce de Leche Brownies Recipe
- 5 (1 ounce) squares, unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Half a can of dulce de leche
- 1 can additional dulce de leche for toppings (optional)
- wafer sticks, (optional garnish)
- Chocolate square (optional garnish)
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper.
- In an oven safe bowl, melt chocolate in microwave for about 45 seconds interval. Stir it in between while it melts down. Set it aside and let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and add sugar gradually until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one by one, continue beating in every addition of eggs.
- Over low speed of mixer, slowly drizzle melted chocolate. Combine until well incorporated.
- Add the flour and vanilla extract. Keep beating until combined, and scrapd down the sides of the bowl in between mixing.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Transfer the dulce de leche in a glass bowl. Heat it in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. (For easier spreading)
- Put a scoop of dulce de leche on top of the brownie batter. Use a spatula to slowly swirl it through the brownie batter.
- Bake brownies in preheated oven at 325 degrees F. for 40 minutes, or until the center is almost totally set. It becomes chewy as it cools down. Let it cool completely before slicing.
- Using a piping bag, fill it up with extra dulce de leche and pipe it on top to decorate. Garnish with a cube of chocolate bar and wafer stick. Serve and enjoy!