Paella Valenciana (Rice Cooker)
- 1 1/2 cup fragrant rice
- 1/2 cup malagkit rice (glutinous rice)
- 150 g. pork
- 2 pieces chicken thighs
- 1 cup tahong meat, blanched (mussels)
- 1 cup seafood cocktail
- 12 pieces prawns, shelled, blanched
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 piece medium size bell pepper, cut into strips
- 6 pieces crab sticks, cut into two
- 2 pieces hard boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 1 piece large size roasted bell pepper, peeled, chopped
- 1 piece chorizo, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp saffron (or turmeric powder)
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- Lemon, wedges (garnish)
- Slice pork and chicken meat into serving pieces. Season chicken and pork with a dash of paprika, salt and pepper. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil over medium heat. Sauté chicken and pork until brown, drain from oil and set aside. Fry chorizo in the same pan until it brown, set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and onion. Add tomato sauce, roasted bell pepper and 1/2 cup water. Then, season with salt and pepper to taste, stir cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and turn into an oily thick sauce.
- Add 1 cup water and let it boil, then add rice, saffron and remaining paprika. Mix until rice and sauce are incorporated. Rice will turn into bright orange.
- Then toss in pork, chicken and chorizo, keep stirring for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer rice to rice cooker, add enough water. Cook until button pop up.
- Halfway cooking, add and mix green peas and seafood cocktail.
- Garnish rice with tahong, prawns, crab stick and bell pepper on top. Cover and let rice to finish cooking in the steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve paella in a platter or aluminum pan, arrange meat and seafood on top, garnish with wedges of hard boiled eggs.
- Serve hot and enjoy!