Paella Valenciana (Rice Cooker)
1 1/2 cup fragrant rice
1/2 cup malagkit rice
150 g. pork
2 pieces chicken thighs
1 cup tahong meat, blanched
1 cup seafood cocktail
12 pieces prawns, shelled, blanched
1/2 cup green peas
1 piece medium size bell pepper, cut into strips
6 pieces crab sticks, cut into two
2 pieces hard boiled eggs, cut into wedges
1 piece large size roasted bell pepper, peeled, chopped
1 piece chorizo, sliced diagonally
1/2 head garlic, chopped
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tsp. paprika powder
1/4 tsp saffron
1/2 cup cooking oil
salt and pepper
Lemon, wedges (garnish)
1. Slice pork and chicken meat into serving pieces. Season chicken and pork with a dash of paprika, salt and pepper. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
2. In a pan heat oil over medium heat. Saute chicken and pork until brown, drain from oil and set aside. Fry chorizo in the same pan until it brown, set aside.
3. In the same pan, sauté garlic and onion. Add tomato sauce, roasted bell pepper and 1/2 cup water. Then, season with salt and pepper to taste, stir cook until most of the liquid has evaporated and turn into an oily thick sauce.
4. Add 1 cup water and let it boil, then add rice, saffron and remaining paprika. Mix until rice and sauce are incorporated. Rice will turn into bright orange.
5. Then toss in pork, chicken and chorizo, keep stirring for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Transfer rice to rice cooker, add enough water. Cook until button pop up.
7. Halfway cooking, add and mix green peas and seafood cocktail.
8. Garnish rice with tahong, prawns, crab stick and bell pepper on top. Cover and let rice to finish cooking in the steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Serve paella in a platter or aluminum pan, arrange meat and seafood on top, garnish with wedges of hard boiled eggs.
Serve hot and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.