Remember the secret to a succulent roast beef recipe is the tenderness of your beef. You need to achieve the perfect tenderness, this is the make or break of your roast beef.
So for every pound of beef you will cook it will take approximately 16 to 18 minutes per pound to cook at 180°C with an internal temperature of about 80°C.
This recipe is ideal for Holiday and special occasions. Happy cooking!
Roast Beef (Filipino Style)
3 to 4 lb. rib roast, (or rump beef)
4 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
5 cloves garlic, sliced
Materials needed: Thermometer Stick (for internal temp)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (or 350°F). Prepare a roasting pan.
2. Wash and clean meat thoroughly. Drain and dry it up with paper towels.
3. Rub it with garlic and make deep slits in intervals and insert garlic slivers into it. Brush beef with salt, pepper, soy sauce and extra virgin olive oil.
4. Place meat fat side up on roasting rack with tray for fat drippings or use without the rack. You can add sliced potatoes around your beef (optional)
5. Cook roast until internal temperature inserted in the thickest part of the roast registers 60°C for rare; 65°C to 70°C for medium rare; and 80°C for well done.
6. For the Gravy: Scoop 4 tbsp. fat from roasting pan. Add 4 tbsp. flour and stir over moderate heat until smooth. Add 2 cups beef stock and cook stirring for 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1 tsp dried herbs like basil or parsely for an extra flavor (optional only: If you have extra dried herbs in your pantry).
Serve it hot and thin slices. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Credits: Jason Jarrach
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.