If you love burgers and onion rings, these snack is the ultimate must try snack. Cheeseburger and onion rings in one. Try it today with friends, its easy to make and simply yummy! You can add bacon, if you like!
Servings: 6-8 rings
Cheese Burger Onion Rings
1/2 Kilogram ground beef
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch squares (113g)
1 large white onion
1 cup flour
5 eggs, beaten
3 cups panko bread crumbs
Oil, for frying
Ketchup, for dipping sauce
- Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in large bowl.
- Slice the peeled onion into 1-centimeter rings, and separate each rings from each other.
- Scoop out the beef mixture and press it into the bottom of a ring.
- Push a cheddar square into the center of the beef.
- Seal the top with another spoonful of the beef, pressing it flat.
- Repeat with the rest of the rings.
- Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
- Dip a ring into the flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, the bread crumbs, then back to the eggs, and one last time into the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining rings.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat to 350℉
- Fry the rings for 5-6 minutes, until deep golden-brown.
- Drain on a paper towel, then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.