This spicy mayonnaise shrimp is simply creamy and tasty. It is more like sisig bbit not chopped, I love just how the light mayonnaise add creaminess to the sauteed prawns.
SPICY MAYONNAISE SHRIMP
1 kg large prawn ~ skinned & veined.
1 egg ~ beaten
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp salt
2 cm ginger, chopped
5 lemongrass stalks, sliced lengthwise
2-5 pcs bird’s eye chilli, chopped (your preference)
3 – 4 tbsp chilli sauce / Thai chilli sauce
1 tsp sweet soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 ½ tbsp mayonnaise
1. Combine ingredients (A) in a medium bowl and let to marinade for 15 minutes
Fry the marinated prawn in oil until golden. Drain on a separate plate.
2. Discard excess oil, stir fry ginger and lemongrass until fragrant. Add bird’s eye chilli and mix.
3. Toss in chilli sauce and sweet soy sauce, stir. Add water and salt, allow the gravy to boil.
4. Stir in the fried prawns. Saute quickly and turn off heat.
5. Combine mayonnaise and toss to evenly distribute. Ready to serve with steamed broccoli on the side. Enjoy!!!