This spicy mayonnaise shrimp is simply creamy and tasty. It is more like sisig bbit not chopped, I love just how the light mayonnaise add creaminess to the sauteed prawns.
SPICY MAYONNAISE SHRIMP RECIPE
- 1 kg large prawn ~ skinned & veined.
- 1 egg ~ beaten
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cm ginger, chopped
- 5 lemongrass stalks, sliced lengthwise
- 2-5 pcs Bird’s eye Chili, chopped (your preference)
- 3 – 4 tbsp. Chili sauce / Thai Chili sauce
- 1 tsp sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 ½ tbsp. mayonnaise
- cooking oil
- Combine ingredients (A) in a medium bowl and let to marinade for 15 minutes
Fry the marinated prawn in oil until golden. Drain on a separate plate.
- Discard excess oil, stir fry ginger and lemongrass until fragrant. Add bird’s eye chili and mix.
- Toss in Chili sauce and sweet soy sauce, stir. Add water and salt, allow the gravy to boil.
- Stir in the fried prawns. Sauté quickly and turn off heat.
- Combine mayonnaise and toss to evenly distribute. Ready to serve with steamed broccoli on the side. Enjoy!!!