Try this Lumpiang Gulay.. It’s easy to make, crispy and delicious with vinegar dipping sauce. Remember the secret to a long lasting crispy lumpia is not soggy. So don’t put too much filling, and if you want it extra crispy, you can double the wrapper. Its better to use a good brand of lumpia wrapper or even homemade than the most cheapest wrapper in the market. After frying, if you have an oven re-cooked it in the oven for 2-3 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius, this will turn more crispier because the air fryer/oven can help remove any excess oil or moisture in the Lumpia.
Lumpiang Gulay Recipe
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 1/2 cup green beans, cut into 1/2″ length (diagonally)
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup carrots, strips
- 3 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- spring roll / lumpia wrapper
- Saute garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add the minced pork. Cook until color turns light brown.
- Add the green beans and carrots and cabbage. Cook for 3-5 minutes or half done.
- Add salt to taste. Remove from heat. Cool down before wrapping.
- Prepare the spring roll / lumpia wrapper.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp of filling near one corner of each wrapper. Fold the sides and tuck both ends and roll. Brush ends with water and seal.
- Deep fry until all sides are golden brown.
Serve and enjoy with Vinegar Dip! Happy cooking!
- How to make spiced vinegar dip:
- 1 ½ cup vinegar
- 4 red chilies, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt