Try this Lumpiang Gulay.. It’s easy to make, crispy and delicious with vinegar dipping sauce. Remember the secret to a long lasting crispy lumpia is not soggy. So dont put too much filling, and if you want it extra crispy, you can double the wrapper. Its better to use a good brand of lumpia wrapper or even homemade than the most cheapest wrapper in the market.
1/4 kilo ground pork
1/2 cup green beans, cut into 1/2″ length (diagonally)
1 cup sliced cabbage
1/2 cup carrots, strips
3 gloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, diced
salt to taste
spring roll / lumpia wrapper
1. Saute garlic and onion until fragrant.
2. Add the minced pork. Cook until color turns light brown.
3. Add the green beans and carrots and cabbage. Cook for 3-5 minutes or half done.
4. Add salt to taste. Remove from heat. Cool down before wrapping.
5. Prepare the spring roll / lumpia wrapper.
6. Spoon about 2 tbsp of filling near one corner of each wrapper. Fold the sides and tuck both ends and roll. Brush ends with water and seal.
7. Deep fry until all sides are golden brown.
Serve and enjoy with Vinegar Dip! Happy cooking!
How to make spiced vinegar dip:
1 ½ cup vinegar
4 red chillies, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt