Japanese Melon pan is a Japanese pastry dessert. Crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside..so yummy! It’s as good as you can imagine it could be.
You can slice it in the center and sandwich with a some matcha, vanilla or chocolate ice cream and drizzle with your favorite condensed milk or Hershey’s chocolate syrup.
So if you’re looking for a good food business, this could be the one you are looking for. Ideal and perfect business idea or venture that the millenials will surely love. 💗
JAPANESE MELON PAN
140g bread flour + 2 tbsp
25g fine sugar
1/3 tsp salt ( I use 1/4 tsp )
5g Milk Powder
3g instant yeast
1 tbsp beaten egg
70ml warm water
bread flour for dusting
25g unsalted butter
35g fine sugar
25g beaten egg
80g cake flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
Preparing cookie dough :
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, then gradually add sugar until it is pale and fluffy.
2. Add and whisk egg. Beat well. Sift in cake flour and baking powder in batches, whisking to combine until it becomes dough.
3. Place cookie dough in a plastic wrap, form it to a tube and chill inside th refrigerator to firm.
Preparing bread :
1. In another bowl, combine dry bread ingredients. Stir water and egg in a cup and pour on to dry ingredients and knead. Continue to knead until smooth and no longer sticky. Add in butter, fold into dough and knead again until smooth. Avoid flouring the sticky dough, keep on kneading and punching the dough on the worktop. You may use a scrapper to lift the dough. Just believe and it will get to the smooth state. ( A flexible silicon scrapper is recommended. Mine busted in the process )
2. Let the dough sit for 40 minutes until double in size, covered. After 40 minutes, dip a finger in flour and poke deep into the dough. If the dough doesn’t spring back immediately, it is ready for the next stage.
Preparing cookie crust :
1. Next, divide cookie dough to 5 equal parts and roll it into balls. Dust hands with flour and use 2 pieces of plastic sheets, use a scrapper or flat plate to press cookie dough between the sheets to form a thin round disk. Place it back to a dusted surface and chill till ready to use. You can place disks on sheets for ease of handling later.
Back to buns :
Stretch dough, roll up like a cigar, weigh dough and cut dough into 5 equal portions. Shape into balls and rest 20 minutes.
1. Drape chilled disks over dough balls and tuck in cookie under the dough ball. Seal the bottom of the cookie draped ball and sprinkle cookie with fine sugar. I followed the program, pinch the bottom of the dough ball and dip the cookie crust in a bowl of very fine sugar.
2. Let the sugared dough ball to stand for another 40 minutes in a warm place.
3. Preheat oven to 170 C. Bake it for about 15-20 minutes, until you achieve a golden brown.
4. Let your buns cool in a rack after it is baked.
Serve and enjoy!
Watch video below on how to make the the dough step by step:
View this post on Instagram
メロンパンのビス被せ。 ． ビス生地はよーーーーく、しっかり練ってます。 左手はつぼめて右手は生地をつまんで 中に押し込む感じ。 でも力入れすぎたりするとビス生地が 均等に伸びず、薄くなったりするので徐々に徐々に少しずつ。 ． ． そこの部分は全部被せちゃう人もいるし、少し真ん中残す人もいます。 そこは個人の自由ではないかと思います(´∀｀) ． 発酵する時は、28度くらいでゆっくりのんびり発酵させてくださいねー。 35度とかでやるとクッキー生地のバター溶けだしてきちゃいますー。 ． ． #メロンパン #meronpan #melonpan
You may also try our newest recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Do subscribe to our daily recipes by clicking on Subscribe.
You may comment on this post using our Facebook Comment plugins too.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.