Are you craving for Suman na Kamoteng Kahoy? Suman na Kamoteng Kahoy is probably the most famous Filipino wrapped Suman and Filipino delicacy.
You may also add young coconut filling in this suman to make it more delicious!
Suman na Kamoteng Kahoy
2 cups grated cassava
1 cup grated coconut (ginadgad na niyog)
1 1/2 cup sugar
1. Wilt the banana leaves and pass it over the stove on both side, to make it easy to fold.
2. In medium bowl, combine grated cassava, grated coconut and sugar, until well combined.
3. Lay 2 layers of banana leaves small and bigger size on top of each.
4. Get 1/4 cup of the mixture and make a thin log shape. Wrap it tightly.
5. In a cooking pot, line with cut banana leaves and arranged wrapped cassava suman. Pour enough water, level of water should be above the wrapped cassava suman.
6. Set in high heat for about an 45 minutes to an hour until cooked through. Drain water and let it cool.
7. Serve hot or cold. Enjoy
*Let it cool first before you open it, to prevent the suman from spreading and the tube remains firm when you open the leaves.
You may also try our:
Credits: Love Bite
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.