Baked Tuna and Pasta in Bechamel Sauce and lots of cheese! Easy and quick pasta dinner recipe you can make.
Tuna and Pasta Bake
300g macaroni pasta
⅓ cup butter
2 tablespoons plain flour
2 cups milk
3/4 cup grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
425g Gold Seas tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
1. Grease an 8 cup-capacity baking pan. Set aside.
2. First, start cooking pasta in a medium pot of boiling water, add some salt and follow package instructions, until pasta becomes al dente. Drain water and reserve 1/4 cup pasta broth or liquid. Return pasta to pan.
3. For Bechamel Sauce: In another pan, melt butter using medium fire. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbling. Turn off heat and remove from stove.
4. Gradually stir in milk until combined. Return to heat over lowest heat. Cook, stirring continuously for 1 minute. Cook until sauce becomes smooth and thick. Turn off heat. Season with pepper and sprinkle grated cheese.
5. Pour bechamel sauce to pasta with tuna and reserved cooking liquid. Toss to combine. Transfer mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle with more cheese on top.
6. Bake on a preheated oven at 220°C for 12 to 15 minutes or just until cheese is melted and golden.
7. Serve and enjoy with your favorite Garlic bread on the side. Mmmmmm..yummy!
You may also try our: