Shrimp Lumpia Recipe
- 2 pounds large to jumbo shrimp
- 1 lemon, juiced (or Calamansi juice)
- pepper salt to taste
- 1 (16oz.) package spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- Clean and peel off the shells but leave the tail and devein each shrimp.
- Season with lemon, pepper and salt in a bowl until flavors are evenly distributed.
- Pull a piece of wrapper and place the wrapper on a clean flat surface or plate.
- Put 1 piece of shrimp in the center of the wrapper. Roll the wrapper tightly around the shrimp and seal the edges with a dab of egg white.
- Repeat the same procedure until all shrimps are wrapped.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan or deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Deep-fry lumpias 2 or 3 at a time. Avoid overcrowding pan because it will lessen the heat needed to make it crispy. Deep fry for about 3 minutes each or until lumpia turns golden brown
- Using a thong, remove from oil and transfer on a plate with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite garlic mayonnaise sauce with atchara on the side or shredded cabbage. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: