Simple and healthy vegetable menu you can make. This is just vegetable, but if you have a left over meat (pork, chicken or beef or hibe, giniling) you can fillet it and add to your sautee. Otherwise this recipe is delicious enough!
Sayote Guisado in Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp oil
3-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 medium tomato, sliced
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 pcs. Sayote or chayote
⅓ cup water
1 tsp sugar
2 tsps cornstarch
1 ½ tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp patis
Salt and pepper
1. Prepare chayote, peel then halve each vegetable, de-seed and rub it together to remove dagta. Cut each halves into three lengthwise wedges. Remove the seed, then slice. Use slicer to achieve the zigzag shape if you like (optional). Wash and drain water thoroughly.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic with onions and tomatoes.
3. Add chayote slices. Sauté for a few minutes then add soy sauce.
4. Pour water, add and dilute cornstarch and oyster sauce. Season with patis, salt and pepper to taste. Continue to simmer until sauce becomes thick.
5. Serve hot and enjoy! Happy cooking
Credits Ota Maria Rowena
Did you know that the #chayote is known across the world as:
Choko (Australia & New Zealand)