What’s the secret to a smooth homemade vanilla pudding from scratch? This recipe is the most satin smooth you can ever make. Controlling the residual heat is the name of this pudding to get the consistency you want. Happy cooking!
HOMEMADE VANILLA PUDDING
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
2 1/4 cups whole milk
3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Prepare a strainer over a bowl. Set it aside.
2. In a sauce pot (without heat yet) whisk the sugar, cornstarch, and salt and mix until incorporated. Continue whisking and gradually pour in 1/4 cup of the milk until smooth. Add in the egg yolks and remaining milk.
3. Transfer the sauce pot in the stove over medium heat and cook, stir often and use a whisk until the pudding becomes thick and starts to bubble a little, about 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Adjust the fire to medium low and use a spatula. Continue stirring, scraping all the sides, until the pudding makes visible ribbons when spatula drizzles over the mixture (about 3 to 5 minutes).
5. Turn off heat, move over the sauce pot away from heat. Add in the butter and vanilla extract until the butter is melted and completely incorporated, this will make it more smoother and the vanilla aromatic in flavor.
6. Transfer the pudding through the prepared strainer to remove any lumps.
7. Serve and transfer into party cups or resealable containers if making in advance.
8. You may also cover pudding with a piece of plastic wrap pressed on top to prevent a skin from forming.
9. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 2 hours.
10. Serve with drizzle of chocolate syrup and wafer stick on the side. Enjoy!!!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.