Do you still remember Spanish Bread, simple and soft bread roll with vanilla butter filling. Specially good when served hot at merienda time (afternoon snack).
Cooking Tips: If you want to make these spanish bread more soft and long lasting you may add the Chinese secret bread ingredients to this recipe Tangzhong ingredient. It it proven and tested to make any bread so soft.
Spanish Bread Recipe
3 cups bread flour
1 to 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
2 ¼ teaspoon rapid rise yeast (1 pouch)
3 egg yolks
3/4 cups evaporated milk or fresh milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup water
extra flour for kneading
1/3 cup softened butter (at room temp)
1/4 cup brown sugar/ white sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1. In a bowl, mix and combine all filling. Set Aside.
2. Stir and dissolve yeast in warm water (110-115 degrees F). Let it sit for five to ten minutes. Set aside for awhile.
3. In a another bowl, mix milk, sugar, butter, egg yolks and salt. Combine it well and add the yeast water. Gradually add flour and mix well to make a stiff dough. Dough should be slightly stiff and elastic. Add the remaining flour in portion and check the consistency first before adding all the remaining.
4. On a flat working table, dust it with flour and knead the dough for about 10 minutes or until dough is smooth & elastic.
5. Transfer the dough to a greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for at least an hour. (Away from air or keep it inside a turned off oven or a cabinet)
6. After an hour and dough has risen, place the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Use a dough slicer to divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each part until it forms into a log. Cut each log into equal pieces.
7. Using a rolling pin, flatten each dough until it stretches into an elongated triangular shape or oblong. Spread your filling then roll up (do not put too much, thin spread only, so it doesn’t spill while baking).
8. Cover the dough with bread crumbs (dapat yung pino na breadcrumbs at hindi yung panko na malalaki) and place on lightly greased bakin tray. Let it stand again, cover the tray with a damp cloth and let it rise for an additional 20-30 minutes.
9. Prepare your oven and preheat to 160°C 325°F. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Try our new recipe:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.