Spareribs with Black Bean Sauce
500g Pork Spareribs
2 tablespoon cooking oil
3 cloves of garlic
3-4 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 tablespoon black bean sauce with garlic, or to taste
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (optional)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper
2-3 bay leaves
1. Cut the ribs and slice into 2-3 inches portion.
2. Mash the garlic and chop the onion. Set it aside.
3. In a medium pan, heat an an oil over medium heat. Saute the garlic and onion until garlic is slightly brownish and onions are soft. (about 20 seconds).
4. Toss in the spareribs and stir-fry until they are golden brown.
5. Pour the soy sauce, black bean with garlic sauce and water bay leaves. Adjust heat to medium, cover and let it simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Finally, season with black pepper. Toss to incorporate the flavors. Serve hot with white rice. Enjoy!