These Swirled French Meringues or Meringue candies are an eye candy for the coming Holidays! You can also use these to decorate your cakes, cupcakes and any pastries. Store it in small bottles and give it away to friends, families and neighbors. Happy Holidays!
FRENCH MERINGUES RECIPE
4 egg whites (room temperature)
2 – 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
gel food coloring (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°F (or 95°C). Grease and flour a baking paper on a tray.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until creamy and very thick using an electric mixer. Gradually add sugar (portion at a time)
3. You can stop beating once the mixture becomes hard or stiff and its forming a peak on the tip of the beater.
4. Divide a portion of meringue to add your gel food coloring and continuously beat over medium speed. Set aside the white portion.
5. How to make make these swirled french meringue: Place the pipe bag in small cup to work as a holder and fold the sleeves on the side of the cup. Add the red meringue on one side and then add the pure white meringue. It will combine as you pipe.
6. Start piping the meringue into the prepared tray with baking paper. Make sure to allow spaces in between pipes. and pipe it in the shape of kisses.
7. Place the meringue tray in the oven and place a wooden spoon handle in the door to keep it from closing all the way.
8. Bake for 3 hours, or until the meringues are dry, and can easily be removed from the pan. You need to keep checking it, because not all ovens are the same. Your goal is to cook it slow until it hardens and not burn it at the same time. Also the size of your meringue and the span of baking time may differ too. Please adjust accordingly or as needed.
9. Let the meringue cookies cool completely before storing in a clean and dry airtight containers. Sprinkle with sugar on top. Serve and enjoy!
Need more Egg Whites Recipes? Try this Puto (Egg Whites)
Credits: Charity Beth Long
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.