Here’s an authentic sizzling gambas recipe. Cooked with fresh tomatoes. In fact, the fresh tomatoes gave so much justice to this gambas recipe, so juicy and healthy for the family! This Sizzling Gambas recipe is the ultimate recipe. The sauce is thick, spicy and tasty. This recipe is just like Gerry’s Grill Gambas..yummm! The spicier the better it taste..Enjoy!
Sizzling Gambas Recipe
1 kilogram large shrimp, (cleaned, trimmed and remove heads)
4 pcs medium red tomatoes
3 tablespoons garlic, minced
3-4 pcs Calamansi (Lime juice)
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 stick butter (½ cup)
1 white onion, sliced
2 tablespoons cooking rice wine (optional)
¼ cup hot sauce** or 1 cup tomato sauce
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoons chili flakes
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
Salt and pepper to taste
**Note: Please adjust base on your spicy level of tolerance
- Mix Calamansi juice and shrimp and sprinkle shrimp with 1 tbsp salt and combine well. Let it stand for 30 minutes to marinade.
- In a frying pan, heat oil. Add in garlic and saute until the color turns light brown. Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the onions then cook until the onions becomes soft. Add in tomatoes, and cook for 5 minutes or more over medium heat until tomatoes are mashed.
- Drain shrimps from marinade and add in pan, and cook for 2 minutes over medium to low heat until color turns pinkish. Don’t over cook shrimps as it becomes rubbery in texture.
- Add the cooking rice wine, then cook for another minute and let the alcohol evaporates and the flavour to sink in.
- Add in green bell pepper, tomato sauce (optional) worcestershire sauce and stir. Season with chili pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper. Combine well and simmer for a few seconds.
- Turn off heat. Serve in sizzling hot plate with fried egg on top. Enjoy and happy cooking!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: