These Homemade Churros is deep fried, soft in the inside, crispy on the outside and coated with cinnamon sugar. Just perfect with a chocolate dip or even with Dulce de leche. Its a wonderful afternoon delights to match with hot chocolate drink. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 2 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste (garnish optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (garnish)
- Heat 2 ½ tbsp sugar, water, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, salt in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Let it boil. Then turn off heat. Mix in flour until you can shape it into a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375°F (190°C). Please be reminded you need the right heat, so your churros will not be soggy. It should be crispy and deep fried in 190°C oil.
- Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag with tip. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture or you can prepare a thick hot chocolate drink to serve as a dipping sauce too.
- Serve and enjoy!
For melted chocolate: (Double Boiler) melt chopped chocolate with 1 tbsp oil/butter, place a heatproof bowl over a simmering pot water for about a minute. Once the chocolate starts to melt, turn off heat right away.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: