Arroz Caldo with Chicken Adobo Flakes
- 1 cup rice
- 1 liter water, you can add more if the porridge is too thick.
- chicken adobo flakes leftover, (flaked and fried)
- a pinch of saffron (alternatively: turmeric)
- 3 cloves garlic
- a thumb of ginger
- 1 small onion
- optional: chicken bouillon, if you don’t have a lot of bones for the stock of this.
- fried garlic
- hard boiled egg
- In a pan, sauté garlic, onions, and ginger until fragrant.
- Add chicken bones followed by rice. Sauté it for a minute or two. Until all the rice is coated with oil.
- Pour water and let it boil over medium to low heat.
- Toss in the saffron to give it a natural yellow color and aroma.
- Continue to simmer until the rice breaks and the porridge thickens up.
- Garnish with crunchy fried garlic, hard boiled egg, green onions and crunchy chicken adobo flakes on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!