This Philly Cheese Steak has been recreated into a burger version. The original form is actually more of a shredded beef or chunky beef with melted cheese on top in a hotdog bun. Nevertheless, this recipe is same same like the original but as a burger version. You may also add sliced mushrooms, use roast beef or substitute with cream cheese…It’s yummy!
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK BURGER
1 kilogram ground beef
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion (sliced)
1 green bell pepper, minced
12 slices Monterey jack cheese (or use your favorite cheese)
6 hamburger buns
6 slices deli roast beef
½ cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove (minced)
- In a large pan, heat vegetable oil to medium-high heat. Sauté onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Stir fry until the vegetables becomes soft. Turn off heat and transfer to a plate.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and minced garlic. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic powder, onion salt, salt, and black pepper and mix until well combined. Scoop a portion of the ground beef and form it into 6 patties.
- Grill Beef Patties: Prepare and grease the grates of the grill and heat over medium-high heat.
- Grill patties until they are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees). During the last 5 minutes of cooking, garnish each patty with sautéed vegetables and slices of Monterey jack cheese on top.
- Cook until the cheese has melted. Prepare the hamburger buns and split it the center. Grill the buns just to lightly toast. Cook until lightly toasted on the bottom.
- Burger Assembly: Spread the burger buns on a serving plate. Spread garlic mayonnaise on the bottom half of the buns. Then place the grilled patties, thin roast beef. Place the top half of the bun over the roast beef.
- Serve and enjoy with French Fries on the side.