Easy Pancit Canton Guisado with very simple ingredients and budget-friendly too. Simplehan lang natin ang ingredients, yan ang tunay na pinoy pancit canton. Maari din lagyan ng nilagang itlog slices para mas masarap!
Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
PANCIT CANTON GUISADO
- 2 (8 ounces each) package pancit canton
- 8 to 10 snow peas, trimmed (optional)
- 8 to 10 pieces large shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces fish balls (about 7 to 8 pieces), halved
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ pound pork butt (about 1 cup), sliced thinly
- ¼ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat (about 1 cup) sliced thinly
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 head cabbage, sliced into ½-inch strips
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat about 1 tbsp oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in your snow peas (stir regularly) for about 30 seconds. Remove from pan and transfer to plate with paper towels.
- Add little oil, if you need. Then, add shrimps and cook for about 2 minutes or just quickly until color changes to pink. Remove from pan and transfer to another plate.
- Add-in fish balls and saute until lightly brownish for about 1 minute.
- In the same pan, heat an oil over medium heat, add onions and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add pork and cook, stirring regularly, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring regularly, for about another 3 to 5 minutes or until meat are lightly browned.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Continue to cook until pork and chicken are cooked through.
- Add soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add carrots and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cabbage and continue to cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender yet crisp.
- Add noodles and gently toss to combine. Cook, tossing gently, until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Add shrimp, fish balls, and snow peas and gently toss to combine.
- Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and liquid is absorbed. Serve hot and enjoy!