Easy Pancit Canton Guisado with very simple ingredients and budget-friendly too. Simplehan lang natin ang ingredients, yan ang tunay na pinoy pancit canton. Maari din lagyan ng nilagang itlog slices para mas masarap!
PANCIT CANTON GUISADO
Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
2 (8 ounces each) package pancit canton
8 to 10 snow peas, trimmed (optional)
8 to 10 pieces large shrimps, peeled and deveined
4 ounces fish balls (about 7 to 8 pieces), halved
1 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic
¼ pound pork butt (about 1 cup), sliced thinly
¼ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat (about 1 cup) sliced thinly
1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
1/4 head cabbage, sliced into ½-inch strips
4 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat about 1 tbsp oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in your snow peas (stir regularly) for about 30 seconds. Remove from pan and transfer to plate with paper towels.
2. Add little oil, if you need. Then, add shrimps and cook for about 2 minutes or just quickly until color changes to pink. Remove from pan and transfer to another plate.
3. Add-in fish balls and saute until lightly brownish for about 1 minute.
4. In the same pan, heat an oil over medium heat, add onions and garlic and cook until fragrant.
5. Add pork and cook, stirring regularly, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add chicken and cook, stirring regularly, for about another 3 to 5 minutes or until meat are lightly browned.
7. Add broth and bring to a boil. Continue to cook until pork and chicken are cooked through.
8. Add soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Add carrots and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
10. Add cabbage and continue to cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender yet crisp.
11. Add noodles and gently toss to combine. Cook, tossing gently, until most of liquid is absorbed.
12. Add shrimp, fish balls, and snow peas and gently toss to combine.
Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and liquid is absorbed. Serve hot and enjoy!